Transmission Repair & Maintenance | The Heights/Houston 77008
Affordable, Reliable Transmission Repair
When your transmission needs repair, you don’t have time to waste on transmission shops that don’t have the expertise to fix it right the first time. At Northwest Houston Auto repair, our transmission mechanics have the experience and skillset to get your car running smoothly again the first time, and at a fair price. We won’t string you along with “band-aid” fixes or nickel and dime you into spending a small fortune for temporary fixes.
Our team specializes in drivetrain diagnostics, maintenance and repairs. That means that we can take care of your transmission from start to finish. We can diagnose the problem, fix it, and prevent it from happening in the future. We you need your transmission serviced or repaired, bring your car to the experts at Northwest Houston Auto Repair and let us get you back on the road!
When you bring your vehicle to see us, our first priority is to figure out what is causing the issue with your car. That is where transmission diagnostics are important. In order to make sure that we figure out exactly what is wrong with your transmission, we will:
- Check the fluid level of your transmission because, sometimes, the fluids simply need to be topped off
- Check the diagnostic codes from your vehicle to see if they will provide us with the answer
- Test your vehicle to try to replicate the problem
- Perform a thorough lift inspection to make sure that no stone is left unturned
We have the experience to not only identify problems but also replicate them to make sure we see the total picture. Once we know what the issue is, we can fix it.
Common Transmission Repairs
If there is something wrong with the transmission, the good news is that the vast majority of the problems are minor fixes. There are a few common transmission repair issues that we address. These include:
- Sometimes, the issue is that the transmission fluid is low. We can top off the fluids and get the car back on the road.
- In other cases, there might be a faulty sensor or solenoid. We can repair these issues as well.
- Some drivers have a problem with the calibration of their transmission, such as an issue with the vale-body. We can address these problems as well.
- There could be a problem related to the wiring of the transmission. We can take a look at these electrical issues and correct them if present.
It is possible that the entire transmission could have to be replaced. We will be upfront and transparent with you if we believe this is the case. We always place the needs of our customers ahead of our own.
We understand that there are many drivers who are looking for ways to save money on their cars. That is why nobody wants to deal with the bill that goes along with a transmission repair. In order to prevent transmission repairs from arising, proper maintenance is crucial.
Preventative maintenance is important for not only your engine but your transmission as well. Along with tire rotations and oil changes, the transmission needs maintenance as well. It is important for drivers to get their transmission serviced every two years or 25,000 miles. When a transmission is properly maintained, it runs more efficiently, lasts longer, and is less likely to break down. The best way to handle a transmission repair is to avoid them. This is done through proper transmission maintenance.
Frequently Asked Questions About Transmission Repair
How can I prevent transmission problems?
The best way to prevent problems from arising with the transmission is to get the transmission maintained on time, every time. The recommended schedule is at least one service every two years or 25,000 miles, whichever arises sooner.
Can I drive with a leaking transmission?
This is not recommended. If the transmission is leaking, it needs to be fixed.
Should I repair or replace my transmission?
Each transmission issue is different. In some cases, it might be better to repair it. In other cases, it might have to be replaced. We will advise you on the best course of action for your transmission.
Call (713)-269-5596 or Schedule an Appointment Online Today.