Engine Repair & Motor Maintenance 77008 The Heights
If you drive in Northwest Houston traffic, you know the importance of keeping your car in good working order. No one wants to get stranded on the side of the road in the Houston heat. At Northwest Houston Auto Repair, we provide quality motor repair and engine maintenance at can keep you on the road and on your way! We leverage the latest tools in automotive technology to keep your car running reliably. Some of the services that we provide related to car engines include:
- Engine rebuilds
- Engine Installation
- Engine diagnostics, including analyzing the check engine light.
- Engine repair services
- Engine warranty claims
- Engine insurance claims
We are proud to employ some of the most experienced technicians in the industry. This allows us to handle a wide variety of car engine repair issues.
Check Engine Light | Motor Diagnostics
One of the most common questions that we get in our garage has to do with the check engine light. Modern cars are simply smarter than older cars. They come with a helpful system of lights on the dashboard that keeps the driver updated on what is happening with the car. If the check engine light comes on, this is a sign that your car needs attention as quickly as possible.
If the check engine light comes on, there are hundreds of possible reasons why. This is why it is important to work with trained professionals who can evaluate this problem quickly and fix it before it leads to other issues. Some of the reasons why the check engine light might be on include:
- The gas cap is loose
- The oxygen sensor is broken and needs to be replaced
- There is a problem with one of the catalytic converters
- The Mass Air Flow sensor (MAF) isn’t working well
- There isn’t enough exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) flow
- The catalyst system is running below the threshold
- There is a cylinder that is misfiring
All of these issues involve different repairs. This is just another reason why it is important to work with trained professionals when it comes to engine problems.
Standard Engine Tune-Up
Regular motor tune-ups not only keep your car running efficiently, they can help diagnose engine problems before they become expensive repairs. Our tune-ups include:
- The visual inspection of the fuel system
- The inspection of spark plugs and replacement as necessary
- Checking the engine timing and idle settings
- Checking air and fuel filters to ensure optimum performance and fuel efficiency
- Checking and topping off engine fluids
- We use a standardized process to ensure that all carbon deposits on fuel injectors are removed, improving the performance of the fuel system
The Importance of an Engine Tune-Up
In addition to handling some of the acute issues above, we also encourage all of our customers to get their engines tuned up on a regular basis. The goal of an engine tune-up is to identify potential problems with the engine before they get out of control.Some of the problems that can be detected with an engine tune-up include:
- Spark plugs that might have corroded
- Air and fuel filters that might be clogged or dirty
- Fuel injectors that are clogged
All of these problems can hurt the fuel efficiency of a car, driving down its miles per gallon (MPG). If we can identify these issues ahead of time, we can prevent a massive repair down the road. This will extend the life of the engine and save the driver money.
Sometimes, the engine of your car might require something more than a standard tune-up. Some of the tasks that our technicians might recommend include:
- Checking the fuel pump
- Replacing the PCV valve
- Checking the ignition wires and module
- Checking the engine’s sensors, including the oxygen sensor
- Fixing problems related to the engine’s emissions
- Inspecting the coil pack
Our experienced auto mechanics can handle all of these tasks, and more. If your car starts to idle rough, misfires, or your check engine light comes on, don’t wait until your car stops running completely. Call Northwest Auto Repair today at (713) 269-5596 and let us get your car running reliably today!