Car AC Service & Repair in 77008 The Heights in Houston, Texas
Is Your Car AC Broken or Does it Just Need a Recharge?
Keep Cool on Your Commute with Our AC Repair Mechanic 77008
If you live in the greater Houston area, you know that the summers can be both hot and humid. When you drive your car around town, you deserve to be comfortable. If your car’s air conditioning system is not working properly, this can make your ride absolutely unbearable. TAt Northwest Houston Auto Repair, our technicians are trained to evaluate the air conditioning in cars quickly. Then, we can identify and fix these issues. Count on our team to take a look at your car’s air conditioning system today.
Repair Your AC Unit and Troubleshoot Common Problems.
If your car’s air conditioning system has been off for most of the winter, you might not have turned it on in months. You might be surprised when you boot up the air conditioning during the Spring because something isn’t quite right. Some of the most common signs that the car’s air conditioning system is not working properly include:
- There is no air coming out of the air conditioning vents at all
- The air that is coming out of the air conditioning system is warm
- The air conditioning system is making strange, worrying noises such as clicking or grinding
- The air coming out of the AC unit has an unpleasant smell that resembles mold or mildew
These are some of the most common signs that something isn’t quite right with the air conditioning unit. If any of these problems arise, it is important to rely on the experience of trained technicians to fix these issues.
Diagnosing Your Car Air Conditioner
If you bring your car to see us, there are a few steps that we are going to complete as part of our air conditioning check. These steps include:
- Checking the compressor drive belt of the air conditioning system, looking for cracks or other signs of damage.
- Looking through the various components of the air conditioning unit for signs of leaks.
- Testing the lines, hoses, and seals of the air conditioning unit to ensure that it is working as quickly as possible.
After we complete these steps, we should have a good idea of the potential problems related to your car’s air conditioning system. Then, some of the steps that we will take include:
- Evacuating and replacing the refrigerant of the AC unit, if necessary.
- Recharging the air conditioning system using the right refrigerant in accordance with the guidelines from the manufacturer.
- Repairing or replacing the compressor, evaporator, condenser, or electrical systems, if necessary<./li>
- Checking the AC unit one last time to ensure that all components are working properly.
We will take all necessary steps to make sure the air conditioning system of the vehicle is back in good working order when it leaves our garage.
Car AC Maintenance Mechanic 77008
While our team is certainly capable of handling acute repairs related to the car’s AC, we would rather prevent these problems from developing in the first place. To that end, there are a few tips that we want everyone to follow to keep their car’s air conditioner in good working order. These include:
- Try to run the air conditioning system for about ten minutes once per week, even during the winter, to maintain gas pressure and keep the compressor working well.
- Run the defrost mode about once per week for five to ten minutes, which will remove excess moisture and prevent the buildup of mold and mildew.
- Make sure the air conditioning system is recharged with fresh gas and lubricant every two years to keep the coolant system working well.
- Get the entire air conditioning system tuned up at least once per year.
Following these simple steps will keep the car’s AC in good working order. This can go a long way toward preventing some of the serious air conditioning problems listed above. This can save drivers time and money.
Call (713)-269-5596 or Schedule an Appointment Online Today.